Roy Kodak of Rochester, New York, once referred to his ancestor’s newly invented reproduction of live images on a glass plate as “Face Prints”. Reproduced in this section are some “Face Prints” of some of the illustrious founders and/or builders of CH2M HILL. Many are no longer with us, and others have moved on to other enterprises but each placed his or her mark on CH2M HILL. Each of them, through their interaction with one another, established what has grown to a truly remarkable set of friends and alumnae. We, the current “caretakers” of this “Alumni History” hope you will enjoy these photos and reminisce about the past. We also hope that you will be moved to submit additional photos for inclusion in this section as you interact with this history.
The term “interaction”, in this case, means a sharing of experiences. Good experiences mostly—remembrances of which one carries to the grave. Most of these experiences are firmly etched on our mind—many were etched on a more solid form such as on camera film or, more recently, digital images. This collection of such images is a tribute to all those who are portrayed, as well as to the many others who, unfortunately, were not captured on film during their moment in history. This pictorial review will serve as a tiny Rosetta Stone which may unlock some pleasant recollections of past experiences. It is arranged in the following subdivisions. We’ll happily add new subdivisions as needed as we receive additional photos.
- Office Activities
- PDX Staff, circa 1975 (PDF)
- San Francisco
- So. California
- More, as needed
- Other Categories
Pro Bono and Community Service
Pro bono is a shortened Latin phrase for professional work undertaken voluntarily and without payment as a public service. Pro bono service, unlike traditional volunteerism, uses the specific skills of professionals to provide services to those who are unable to afford them or in an emergency. Recalled in this section are stories of significant public service the employees of CH2M HILL have made to the communities we serve in their time of extraordinary need.
This section is still quite incomplete. As a reader, if you remember something that you believe is worthy of mention as part of this “Pro Bono and Community Service” tab, please contact Gordon Koblitz.
- 2017 – A Record Year of Charitable Impact by CH2M Foundation. (Source: Alumni Newsletter dated December 2017) (PDF)
- 1992 – CH2M FOUNDATION – Foundation is launched to honor its founders and support their legacy of strengthening communities through engineering excellence and community engagement.
- 2017 – CH2M HILL Alumni Center at Oregon State University Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- 2006 – GLOBAL CONCERNS – Global communities reap benefits of employee charity (PDF)
- 2005 – WEATHERING THE STORMS – Rapid response to hurricane relief (PDF)
- 2005 – HEALING WATERS – Tsunami recovers: CH2M HILL and employees respond to international crisis (PDF)
- 2004 – BEYOND BORDERS – CH2M HILL forges partnership with Engineers Without Borders – USA (PDF)
- 2004 – TSUNAMI RELIEF – CH2M HILL and employees respond to international crisis (PDF)
- 2002 – CLASS ACT – College honors CH2M HILL with name change (PDF)
- 2002 – HELPING HANDS (PDF)
- 2002 – PRECIOUS RESOURCES – Making a big splash in Northern California (PDF)
- 1989 – EARTH QUAKE SPECIAL – CH2M HILL offices, led by SFO, assist California Agencies, especially San Francisco, following the very serious Loma Prieta earthquake. (PDF)
- 1959 – THE ROSEBURG BLAST
- 2017 – THE GREAT AMERICAN ECLIPSE OF 2017 – by Art and Sharon Storbo (PDF)
- 2016 – LIFE AFTER RETIREMENT – The Rewards of Community Service, Tim Shea
- 2006 – COMMUNITY SPIRIT – Steve Ferguson’s energetic environmental achievers (PDF)
- 2005 – EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE – Hanford employee brings education to his native Bangladesh (PDF)
- 2004 – ENGINEERING ART – When art and engineering collide, a functioning fountain of creativity springs forth (PDF)
- 2004 – CARING COMMUNITY – Committed to the community and Hanford (PDF)
- 2002 – DESIGNING IN MEMORY (PDF)
- 2002 – COMMUNITY RELATIONS – WORLD WIDE – Water for People runs deep with CH2M HILL (PDF)